NIM - NATURAL Interactive Monitor
NIM is a purpose built TP Monitor for the Natural and ADABAS environments. NIM is designed to make full use of the sub-tasking and memory management capabilities of z/OS like operating systems, whilst interposing a minimum of overhead between NATURAL, VTAM and ADABAS. Typically NIM will interpose less than 5% of overhead for session management for Natural users.
NIM offers most benefit to organisations using:
- NATURAL 4GL
- ADABAS DBMS, VSAM or DB2
- z/OS, z/Ose, MSP/EX or similar
- VTAM, and wish to avoid using a cumbersome general purpose TP monitor
- TCP/IP connectivity to mainframe
- Reduced Resource Overhead – NIM will consume less than 5% of the CPU used by NATURAL sessions
- Minimal support required – Typically no dedicated support responsibility is required
- Ease of use – NIM’s logical and convenient DBA interface means simple installation, minimum training and quick response to environment changes
- Stability – The elegant and logical architecture means an exceedingly stable, low maintenance product
- Economics – The value of NIM in the areas of processing efficiency and reduced support costs guarantees return on investment within a brief period of time, often less than six months.
- Currently supports NATURAL V2.3+, V3.1+, V4.1+, ADABAS V6.1+, V7.4+, V8.1+
- Natural addon products are supported automatically