Traditional methods of making all but the simplest changes to the physical structure of an established ADABAS Database are time-consuming and cumbersome. ADAREORG transforms this situation enabling the physical structure to be changed with minimum risk and computer resource usage.
Reorganizing physical databases is time-consuming and cumbersome. As a result, DBAs often postpone making changes that could improve system performance. Some DBAs avoid the task altogether, allowing their cluttered databases to waste time and money.
Now the difficult task of reorganizing databases can be simplified with ADAREORG. ADAREORG can produce compressed restructured files without the need for decompressed intermediate datasets. Decompression, reorganization, and compression are all performed within a single job step.
- Changes can be made to the physical structure of ADABAS files quickly and easily, with benefits for productivity
- ADAREORG allows DBAs to reorder fields within a record, so that frequently accessed fields appear at the beginning of the record. This increases the speed of ADABAS decompression, while being transparent to application programs; saving your company’s time
- ADAREORG decreases the effort required by the DBA to successfully reorganize the physical database. There is reduced disk space usage since it does not require decompressed files to be produced.
- ADAREORG not only allows DBAs to respond more quickly to tuning information, but also to create new or additional files of selected records and fields.
- The power of ADAREORG extends to the data level. Data in a specified position in an input field may be placed in a specified position in an output field. Also, constants can be placed in output fields.
- ADAREORG can easily remove unused fields, which results in saved space and avoids decompressing unused data.
ADAREORG operates under MVS, MVS/XA, MVS/ESA, and UNIX.